ANGA COM 2018 releases Conference Agenda: New Topics, more Panels, new Time Schedule
- Exhibition and Conference for Broadband and Media from 12 to 14 June 2018 in Cologne/Germany
- New conference structure with more than 170 speakers
- 16 international panels including a CTO panel with Arris, Com Hem, Liberty Global, TDC Group, Tele Columbus and Vodafone
- Broadband Day in cooperation with the Broadband Office of the German Federation and VATM
- Conference agenda and registration at www.angacom.de
Cologne/Germany, 27 March 2018 | Today, ANGA COM, Exhibition and Conference for Broadband, Cable & Satellite, has released its conference agenda which has been completely new structured and extended to 34 expert panels for 2018. The event will take place in Cologne/Germany from 12 to 14 June 2018. Following the slogan ‘Where Broadband meets Content’ key topics will equally address the latest developments in the broadband and media markets.
The highlight of the international programme is the International CTO Panel on the first conference day. Speakers are: Michael Fränkle (SVP Networks & CTO, TDC Group), Thomas Helbo (CTO, Com Hem), Manuel Kohnstamm (SVP & Chief Corporate Affairs Officer, Liberty Global), Dr. Eric Kuisch (CTO, Vodafone Deutschland), Bruce McClelland (CEO, ARRIS) and Ludwig Modra (CTO, Tele Columbus).
In total 16 panels in English will focus on DOCSIS 3.1, FTTH, WiFi, OTT, HFC Networks, Cloud Services, Multiscreen, Copyright Law, Big Data and – in cooperation with Broadband TV News – TV Strategies in Europe, Middle East and Africa.
Amongst the highlights of the first conference day is the strategy panel “Content: TV vs. Streaming – New Content? New Cooperations?” with Oliver Berben (Managing Board TV, digital Media, Entertainment, Constantin Film), Dr. Manuel Cubero (Chief Commercial Officer, Vodafone Deutschland), Wolfgang Elsäßer (Senior Vice President Business Unit TV, Telekom Deutschland), Frank Hoffmann (Managing Director of Programs at RTL Television) and Dr. Christoph Schneider (Managing Director, Amazon Prime Video Germany).
The German Broadband and Media Summit, will take place on the second conference day, Wednesday, 13 June 2018. Conrad Albert (Group CEO and Group General Counsel, ProSiebenSat.1 Media), Dr. Manuel Cubero (Chief Commercial Officer, Vodafone Deutschland), Carsten Schmidt (CEO, Sky Deutschland), Lutz Schüler (CEO, Unitymedia) and Dr. Dirk Wössner (Member of the Board of Management for Germany, Deutsche Telekom) will discuss the challenges for the media and broadband markets, moderated by the famous TV journalist Claus Strunz.
Further panel topics are:
- “TV Strategies in Europe, Middle East and Africa – Market Update in Cooperation with Broadband TV News”
- “EU Regulatory Update: Copyright Law” in cooperation with Cable Europe
- “NewTV: AppTV, Cloud TV, VR and AR“ with Discovery Networks Deutschland, Mediengruppe RTL Deutschland, ProSieben Sat.1 Media, Telekom Deutschland and Zattoo
- “Analog, SD and HD – After the Switch-Off is before the Switch-Off?” with HD PLUS, MEDIA BROADCAST, ProSiebenSat.1 Media, Vodafone Deutschland and WDR
- “Adressable TV: Television in Times of Big Data and Digital Assistants” in cooperation with the German TV Platform“IPTV and Replay Concepts for Cable and Fiber Networks” with Eviso Germany, M7 Group, Ocilion IPTV Technologies and Zattoo
- “New Cooperations in the Broadband Market – An Interim Result” in cooperation with BUGLAS Bundesverband Glasfaseranschluss
- “Internet of Things & Industrie 4.0” in cooperation with ZVEI – German Electrical and Electronic Manufacturers’ Association
- “Inhouse Connectivity & Smart Home” with AVM, devolo, digitalSTROM, Telekom Deutschland and Unitymedia
On the third day, Thursday, 14 June 2018, ANGA COM, the Broadband Office of the German Federation and the Association of Telecommunications and Value-Added Service Providers (VATM) will organize a joint “Broadband Day – Gigabit now!”. Prof. Dr. Andreas Pinkwart, Minister for Economics, Innovation, Digitalization and Energy of the State of North Rhine-Westphalia, will open this day with a keynote. The conference panels will address political, practical, regulatory and technical topics of the broadband roll-out. The Broadband Day offers free access for all visitors upon prior online registration.
Dr. Peter Charissé, Managing Director of ANGA COM: “After the relocation in 2017, we will take-off with the conference agenda this year: new topics, even more panels and a completely new time schedule. We have significantly extended the broadband and media topics. With already 460 registered companies we are heading for further growth in the exhibition.”
The visitor registration for exhibition and conference is available online at www.angacom.de. An admission ticket to the exhibition costs 22 Euros for three days upon prior online registration (ticket office on-site: 35 Euros), conference season tickets start at 100 Euros. On 14 June 2018, the Broadband Day, exhibition and conference are completely free of charge upon prior online registration.
ANGA COM is organized by a subsidiary of the Association of German Cable Operators (ANGA) and has been supported by ZVEI (Satellite & Cable) for many years. In 2017, the event attracted 460 exhibitors from 37 countries and 19,000 participants from 80 countries. With a 50 percent share of international visitors ANGA COM provides a broadband and audiovisual media focused market place for network operators, vendors and content providers all over Europe. Cooperation partners include the Broadband Office of the German Federation, Broadband TV News, BUGLAS e.V., Cable Europe, Deutsche TV-Plattform e.V., ISBE – International Society of Broadband Experts, SCTE – The Society for Broadband Professionals, VATM e.V., VPRT e.V. and ZVEI e.V. Sponsoring partners are ASTRA Deutschland, AVM, Nokia, QVC, Telekom Deutschland and Unitymedia.