ANGA COM 2019 starts with 500 Exhibitors and Expanded Conference Agenda
- More than 500 exhibitors and extended stand space
- Expanded international conference programme
- Broadband Summit, Media Summit, International Content Summit and CTO Summit
- Exhibition and Conference for Broadband, Television & Online from 4 to 6 June 2019 in Cologne/Germany
Cologne/Germany, 3 June 2019 | Tomorrow, ANGA COM 2019 will open its doors with more than 500 exhibitors and an extended international conference programme. In addition to 18 regular conference panels in English, for the first time 10 International Keynotes on Digital Transformation, OTT and Content will be available for all exhibition ticket holders. Networking highlights of ANGA COM are the open air plaza with new food trucks and the ANGA COM Night with 1,800 participants. ANGA COM Conference and Exhibition for Broadband, Television & Online will take place in Cologne / Germany from 4 to 6 June 2019.
Dr. Peter Charissé, Managing Director of ANGA COM: “We have a particularly large number of newcomers in the fields of fiber optics, IP video, AppTV and OTT. Many small and medium-sized booths have been enlarged compared to the previous year. Visitors can expect more high-tech and variety than ever before.”
Highlights of the international programme are the International Content Summit and the International CTO Summit on the first day of the event. Speakers at the International Content Summit “Content Strategies for Broadband Networks, Satellite and OTT” are: Thomas Christensen (CEO, Nordija), Jeroen Ghijsen (Founder & CEO, Metrological), Marc Antoine d’Halluin (Chairman of the Board, M7 Group), Philippe Oliva (Executive Vice President of Sales and Products, Eutelsat), Jean-Marc Racine (Chief Product Officer and General Manager of EMEAR, Synamedia), Wilfried Urner (CEO, HD PLUS) and Christoph Vilanek (CEO, freenet).
For the International CTO Summit have confirmed: Colin Buechner (Managing Director / Chief Network Officer, Liberty Global), Michael Fränkle (Senior Vice President Networks & CTO, TDC Group), Elmar Grasser (CTO, Sunrise Communications), Thomas Helbo (EVP, Fixed Technology, Tele2), Gerhard Mack (CTO, Vodafone Deutschland), Steve McCaffery (SVP International Operations, CommScope) and Axel Sihn (Managing Partner & CEO, WISI).
The German Media Summit will take place on Wednesday, 5 June 2019, and will discuss the topic “Streaming as a Game Changer for Film and Television”. The German Broadband Summit with the title “Fiber Roll-Out on the Test Bench” will also take place on Wednesday, 5 June 2019. The titles of the strategy panels are as follows:
- 5G – Potentials, Concepts, Products
- AppTV and OTT: New Platforms on the Test Bench
- Big Data and Artificial Intelligence for TV and Online Offerings
- Personalized TV: Replay, Voice Control and Recommendation Engines in cooperation with German TV Platform
- Smart Home: How can Monetization be achieved?
- Copyright: Modernizing the German Retransmission Framework
- Quo Vadis TV Distribution: Switch-Off SD, All over IP and Streaming only?
- Media Law and Platform Regulation: An Interim Review
- Learning from Start-Ups, Cooperating with Start-ups: New Corporate Cultures, new Partnerships?
- 5G as an Opportunity for Local Operators and new Market Players in cooperation with BUGLAS Association
- Copyright: Retransmission, IP and Direct Injection in cooperation with RTL International
A total of 13 technology panels in English will address the following topics: DOCSIS 3.1, 10 Gigabit, 5G, FTTH, WiFi, Cyber Security & Safety, Cloud Services, Network Virtualization and HFC Infrastructures.
The visitor registration for exhibition and conference is available online at www.angacom.de. An admission ticket to the exhibition costs 22 Euros for three days upon prior online registration (ticket office on-site: 35 Euros), conference season tickets start at 100 Euros. On 6 June 2019, the Broadband Day, exhibition and conference are completely free of charge upon prior online registration.
ANGA COM – Exhibition and Conference for Broadband, Television & Online – last recorded 500 exhibitors and 21, 700 participants from 78 countries. With a 47 percent share of international visitors ANGA COM provides a broadband and audiovisual media focused market place for network operators, vendors and content providers all over Europe. Cooperation partners include BUGLAS e.V., Federal Broadband Bureau, German TV Platform e.V., ISBE – International Society of Broadband Experts, RTL International, SCTE – The Society for Broadband Professionals, VATM e.V., VAUNET e.V. and ZVEI e.V. (Satellite & Cable). Sponsoring partners are ASTRA Deutschland, AVM, Nokia, QVC, Telekom Deutschland and Unitymedia.